Japanese curry often are made with either beef or pork, however if you would like to eat less calories, you can try with chicken breast. Chicken breast tends to get dried up, if you sprinkle potato starch on top, the chicken get more juicy. Since potato starch is used, curry sauce get melter. If you put eggs on top, it can add colors and look more delicious!
Ingredients (10 servings)
- Chicken breast: 1.1lbs
- Carrot: 0.5 lbs
- Potato: 1.1 lbs
- Onion: 0.5 lbs
- Eggplant: 0.35 lbs
- Oil: 3 tbs
- Japanese curry mix :1 pack (Large)
- Worcester sauce: 2.3 tbs
- Tomato ketchup: 2.3 tbs
- Tomato juice: 150ml
- Honey: 1,1 tbs
- Egg :3 pieces
- Peel potatoes and cut them into bite size.
- Chop the chicken breast into bite size.
- Sprinkle potato starch on the chicken breast.
- Cut carrots into bite size.
- Slice onions in 0,1 inches thick
- Round slice eggplants and put them in water to remove lye.
- Pour oils to a pan and grill chickens. (Start grill skin side first.)
- Once chickens are grilled enough, add eggplants and onions to the pan and stir fry them together.
- Stir fry them for a couple of minutes and add potatoes and carrots and continue to heat one more minutes.
- Add water to the pan and put lid on it.
- Continue to heat 10 minutes. Check if carrots and potatoes are soft enough.
- Add curry sauce, tomato ketchup and worcester sauce and continue to boil on medium heat. Mix the ingredients occasionally to avoid them from burnt.
- Meanwhile, boil eggs in the pot for 10 minutes.
- Once boiled, put eggs into very cold water. Make sure waters are very cold.
- When eggs are ready, the curry should be ready as well. Cut the eggs and put it on top of it.
Share this recipe!