Chinese yam is one of my favorite potatoes. It can be eaten various ways such as sliced, shredded, and grilled. This time, I would like to introduce Chinese yam stake with cheese and Japanese flavor sauce. I love to eat it as an appetizer with beer or sake, but it is also good with rice. Can you imagine it’s texture? It is very crunchy and a bit sticky.
Chinese yam itself is sticky, so don’t worry when you are cooking! Sticky does not mean bad or fermented!
Chinese Yam Stake with Cheese on top
Grilled Chinese Yam with Melted Cheese and Japanese style saucePrint Pin Rate
- 300 g Chinese Yam
- 1 tbsp Mentuyu
- Peak and wash the Chinese yam.
- Slice the Chinese yam 1cm (0.4 inches) tick.
- Warm a pan with medium heat and add oil to it.
- Stir fry/grill the Chinese yam until their surfaces gets a little brown
- Add the mentsuyu to the pan and combine it with Chinese yam
Serving: 300g | Calories: 180kcal
Share this recipe!