Chinese yam is one of my favorite potatoes. It can be eaten various ways such as sliced, shredded, and grilled. This time, I would like to introduce Chinese yam stake with cheese and Japanese flavor sauce. I love to eat it as an appetizer with beer or sake, but it is also good with rice. Can you imagine it’s texture? It is very crunchy and a bit sticky.
Chinese yam itself is sticky, so don’t worry when you are cooking! Sticky does not mean bad or fermented!
Chinese Yam Stake with Cheese on top
- 300 g Chinese Yam
- 1 tbsp Mentuyu
- Peak and wash the Chinese yam.
- Slice the Chinese yam 1cm (0.4 inches) tick.
- Warm a pan with medium heat and add oil to it.
- Stir fry/grill the Chinese yam until their surfaces gets a little brown
- Add the mentsuyu to the pan and combine it with Chinese yam