Do you know you can make Custard Tart with pancake mix? It’s very easy. The custard cream is quite simple to make as all it takes is heating and mixing in a pot. Sprinkling flour onto the dough while rolling keeps the dough from sticking to the roller, making it much easier to spread. If you heat the custard cream for too long, it will be loose when cooled, so be sure to remove it from heat once it thickens. I recommend adding toppings, such as fruits, as well.
- 3 Pieces Egg
- 150 ml Milk
- 40 g Flour
- 50 g Light Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Essence
- 150 g Pancake Mix
- 45 g Olive Oil
- 30 g Milk
- In a bowl, mix together the pancake mix, olive oil, and milk.
- Once the dough is mixed together completely, ball it up, then begin rolling it with a roller to match the size of your tart pan. Sprinkling flour on the dough helps keep the dough from sticking to the roller, making it easier to spread.
- Lay the spread dough into the pan, making sure the bottom is flat. Remove any dough that is protruding from the sides of the pan.
- Poke some air holes in the dough with a fork, then bake in the oven at 180°C for 20 minutes. Keep an eye on the crust while baking and make any necessary adjustments needed to bake evenly. When finished, allow the crust to cool, then remove it from the pan.
- In a bowl, mix together the eggs and sugar. Then, add the flour and mix again.
- In a pot, heat the milk, then right before it starts to boil, mix in the eggs, sugar, and flour mixture. Keep the heat at medium and stir to make sure the sides do not burn.
- As the mixture begins to bubble, mix in the vanilla essence. Once the mixture begins to thicken, cut off the heat.
- Pour the custard cream into the previously baked tart crust and bake for 20 minutes at 200°C. After baking, allow it to cool, then place in the fridge until ready.