When it comes to Teriyaki, what do you come up with? Teriyaki chicken meals? This time, we would like to introduce, Japanese style humburg with Teriyaki sauce. It looks similar to western style humburg, but it’s softer and a bit crunchy, and soft. We put a little bit of cabbages and onion inside and steamed it a bit to make it cruncher and softer. I’m pretty sure you will enjoy Teriyaki flavor as well as it’s texture. Enjoy!
Japanese Style Hamburg with Teriyaki Sauce (Tsukune Hamburg)
- 200 g Ground Chicken
- 1 piece Egg
- 4 piece Green Shiso Leaves
- 80 g Onion
- 80 g Cabbage
- 30 g Potato Starch
- 15 g Soy Sauce
- 15 g Sugar
- 15 g Mirin
- Green Onion
- Mince the onions, cabbage, and green Shiso leaf into small pieces.
- Mix the vegetables and ground chicken/pork together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the egg, potato starch, sat and pepper. Continue mixing them.
- Shape it into patty.
- Pour the oil a bit and warm a pan on medium – strong heat.
- Grill the patties. Flip the side when one side is cooked. Make sure both sides are cooked.
- Change the heat on medium. Add 1 tbsp wanted into the pans and put a lid on top to steam them.
- Mix sugar, soy sauce and mirin in a small bowl to make a teriyaki sauce. Once the patties turn into brown, pour the mixed teriyaki sauce on top and continue to heat until the sauce gets bubbles.
- Once the sauce becomes a bit sticky, serve them in a plate and add green onions and Shiso leaf on top.