Eggplant is one of my favorite vegetables. The eggplants I used to eat in Japan is 4 inches long and very small compared to one in the U.S. I have tried to cook with large eggplants before, but it taste a bit different. The smaller one is more juicy and it absorb sauce and oils.
Today, I will introduce Miso Stir Fry. Many of you are familiar with miso soup, but I doubt that you use it for stir fry. It is very rich taste. The eggplants absorb oil from the stir fried pork and miso sauce 🙂 This is the best! You should eat with white rice.
- 4 Italian Eggplant
- ½ Onion
- 200 g Pork
- 2 tbsp Miso
- 2 tbsp Sake
- 2 tbsp Mirin
- Slice the eggplants into bite size.
- Put the eggplants in the bowl and add water to it. Wait for 5 mins. This will remove the lye/scum.
- Slice the pork into bite size
- Slice the onion
- Add oil to pan and stir fry eggplants and onion with medium heat
- Once eggplants absorb the oil and becomes soft, add pork and continue stir fry.
- Once pork are heated and stir fried, add sake, mirin and miso into the pan and mix with ingredients.