Purple sweet potato is very difficult to get in Japan, It’s popular vegetable in the island called Okinawa. However, it seems you can get them stores like Whole Foods in the USA.
This time let’s make a simple steamed vegetable dish. Using purple sweet potatoes really added some color. If you’d like, adding sesame sauce or caesar salad dressing would be a nice touch. When using a microwave to steam the veggies, pouring water on top of them helps to keep them moist.
Purple Sweet Potato Steamed Salad
- 100 g Purple Sweet Potato
- 90 g Broccoli
- 80 g Lotus Root
- 80 g Carrot
- Salt to taste
- 5 g Consomme
- Begin by chopping the potatoes and carrots into chunks.
- The broccoli should be cut up into bite-size pieces and the lotus root into thick quarters.
- Place all the vegetables into a steamer and sprinkle on the consomme before steaming.
- If you do not have a steamer, use a microwave at 600W and while keeping an eye on it.