Have you tried Spicy Cod Roe? It’s a pretty popular in Japan. We often eat it with white rice. It’s more like breakfast to me lol.
This time, I would like to introduce Rich Spicy Cod Roe Pasta. This is more like Japanese style rather than other tomato sauce or white cream sauce ones. You will enjoy spicy cod roe texture as well as rich flavor of dashi soy sauce and mayo mixture. It’s very easy to cook. Please try it out!
Spicy Cod Roe (Mentaiko) Pasta
Cod Roe (Mentaiko) pasta isPrint Pin Rate
Servings: 2 people
- 200 g Spaghetti
- 4 tbsp Spicy Cod Roe (1.5 ~ 2 pieces)
- 10 g Butter
- 4 tbsp Milk
- 1 tbsp Kewpie mayo
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 6 pieces Green Shiso Leaves
- Pour lots of water in a pot and add a little bit of sault and boil it.
- Once water is boiled, add pasta to it.
- Use spoon and scoop out spicy cod roe. Make sure to take only roe and leave its skin. Put 2tbsp spicy code roe in a bowl and keep the other 2tbsp for later.
- Slice the green shiso in 0.1 thick.
- Add butter, milk, mayo, and dashi soy sauce to the bowl.
- Once the pasta is cooked, put it in the bowl and mix it with the sauce.
- Serve the pasta on a plate and put rest of the spicy cod roe, seaweeds and green shiso on top.
Serving: 200g | Calories: 1173kcal | Carbohydrates: 154g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 1249mg | Potassium: 631mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 347IU | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 3mg
Share this recipe!