Yaki Udon is stir fried noodle with vegetables. It’s pretty much similar to Yaki Soba dish. I personally think Yaki Udon has more variety of flavors rather than Yaki soba. You can find Yaki Udon often in Izakaya type of bar in Japan.
- Frozen Udon
- Mentsuyu souse
- Soy sause
- Cut onions and cabbage in bite size
- Put oil in a pan and stir fry onions first
- Add cabbage to the pan and stir fry with onions for a while
- Once onions and cabbage become soft, add shrimp to the pan
- Add salt and peppers
- Microwave the frozen noodle for 3 minutes
- Once noodle is ready, add the noodle to the pan and continue to stir fry with vegetables
- Add mentsuyu sauce and soy sauce and mix them.
- Once sauces are mixed with vegetables and noodles, it’s ready to eat!
Share this recipe!