This apple pound cake is low calories and way better than bakeries you buy at grocery stores. Please give a try!
Cutting the apples in two different ways let’s you enjoy different textures. The apple cubes provide a bit of crunchiness, while the apples slices are quite soft and moist. For this cake, the apple cubes were added into the dough as is, but you can also bake them into a compote first before mixing them in.
- 2 Apples
- 200 g Flour
- 5 g Baking Powder
- 2 Pieces Eggs
- 30 g Sugar
- 15 g Honey
- 30 g Butter
- Without removing the skin, cut one of the apples up into thin slices. The slices should then be kept in salt water. The other apple should be cut into 2cm cubes, then kept in salt water as well.
- Keep the butter at room temperature until it softens. Then, in a bowl, mix the butter together with the eggs, sugar, and honey. Separately, the flour and baking powder should be mixed together, then sifted. The flour and baking powder mixture should then be mixed into the first mixture, not at once, but in parts
- Once the dough has been sufficiently mixed and is no longer powdery, lightly dry off the apple cubes, then mix them into the dough.
- Pour the dough into a pound cake pan and even it out by hitting the bottom of the pan. The apple slices should then be added on top.
- Bake the cake for about 30 minutes at 200°C. Once the cake is thoroughly baked, remove it from the pan. If the cake needs to be baked a bit more, cover it in aluminum foil and bake for about 5 minutes.