Okonomiyaki is one of Teppan Yaki foods menu. Originally it’s cooked on Teppan and seasons with Japanese style sauce and mayo. It’s also considered as vendor food. Interesting thing is that ingredients and cooking process are different. They vary by region. Okonomiyaki is very popular especially in the west side of Japan, particularly in Hiroshima.
- Wheat flower 100g
- Cabbage 200g
- Pork slice or Shrimp 100g
- Egg 1 piece
- Okonomiyaki sauce
- Kewpie Mayonaise
- Mix wheat flower, egg, water and dash powder in a bowl,
- Shred the cabbage and put them in the bowl and mix it
- Warm a pan on medium heat and add oil into it
- Pour the mixed dough to the pan and heat on small to medium heat until the dough gets hard enough to flip.
- Add shrimp on top of the dough
- Once the bottom of the dough gets hard enough, flip and continue to cook on medium heat.
- Check with spatula occasionally and once it’s hard inside, it’s ready!
- Put it on a plate and add sauce and mayo.