Every home made minestrone soup can be different, but I’m pretty sure it’s better and healthier than canned or pre-made ones. So, let’s try to make one from scratch.
Let’s make a simple and easy minestrone. With the amount of vegetables, it was quite filling! The canned tomatoes added an enjoyable texture as well. I suggest sometimes adding bacon or smokies as it introduces a new flavor.
- 400 g Diced Tomatoes
- 100 g Onion
- 100 g Carrot
- 80 g Yellow Bell pepper
- 80 g Orange Bell pepper
- 100 g Celery
- 30 g Consomme
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 15 g Olive oil
- The bell peppers & carrots should be diced.
- The onion & celery should be cut into small rectangular strips(about 4~5mm long and 1cm thickness).
- Since the canned tomatoes are already diced, it can be used as is.
- In a frying pan, saute the onion, carrots, and celery using olive oil.
- Lightly add some salt and pepper during this step.
- Once the vegetables begin to soften, add and saute the bell peppers.
- Then add the canned tomatoes and 150ml of water, and stew for a bit.
- Next, add the consomme and stew once again. Finish up by adding salt and pepper to taste.