One of my favorite foods is Curry. I meant “Japanese style Curry”. There are many types of curries such as Indian, Thai etc, but I guess I love what I grew up with.
This time, I would like to try to cook curry without water, instead, I use canned tomatoes 🙂
- Pork Stew Meat
- Baby Spinach
- Canned (Diced) Tomato
- Cut all ingredients in bite size
- Stir fry pork with very little amount of salt and pepper. (If you have, add 1 table spoon of cooking sake while stir frying.) Once it’s lightly stir fried, take them out from the pan and set them aside.
- Stir fry onions first and add potato and carrots.
- Once stir fried, add two cans of diced tomatoes
- Add the stir fried pork back to the pot.
- Boil with weak heat for 25-30 minitues
- Turn off the heat and add half of curry soup stock into the pot.
Since I did not use water, the curry may look bit ticker than you imagine, but we used the half of curry cubes than we supposed to, so it offsets spiciness.
Tomato’s sourness and curry’s spiciness get mixed and make good harmony.