There are many kinds of pancakes, such as regular one (western type), Japanese type (Okonomiyaki), Korean type (Chijimi). This time, I would like to introduce Korean pancake.
Korean pancake is sliced veggies, seafoods and/or meats mixed with dissolved wheat in water and bake it on fry-pan. It’s very delicious when you eat it with vinegar and soy sauce based dipping sauce.
I recently realized that we, Japanese people call Korean Pancake as Chijimi, but Korean people don’t call it as is…. It seems they call it as “Buchimage”. It was very shameful that I had been calling it Chijimi to Korean people.
Korean Pancakes (Chijimi)
- 100 g Chinese Chives
- 80 ml Water
- 40 g Flour
- 30 g Potato Starch
- 15 g Chinese Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- Cut the chives into pieces about 3~4cm wide and slice the onion.
- In a bowl, add the flour, potato starch, and chicken broth
- Also add in the cut vegetables and water, then mix everything together, making the batter.
- In a frying pan with some sesame oil, begin pouring in the batter.
- Once one side is nicely browned, flip and cook the other side.
- Cover and steam for a bit, then remove the lid and cook until a little crispy.